Half-century of experiences in powder metallurgy
Erasteel has a unique knowledge in powder metallurgy.
For more than 50 years dedicated researchers and technical experts have been developing new alloys and technologies to meet new market needs.
- A dedicated research laboratory in Söderfors, Sweden, with highly skilled teams, cooperating with a network of universities and laboratories and industry organization
- PEARL Center : The Powder Expertise and Research Laboratory of Erasteel is located in Söderfors, Sweden. It is a dedicated center of ERAMET Alloys for R&D activities in powder metallurgy.
A wide range of competences and resources
- Alloy development in ASP® as well as Ni-, Co- and Fe- base alloys
- Powder characterization: size, morphology, tap density, flowability, FEG-SEM micrography and chemical analysis
- Evaluation of physical, mechanical (such as impact toughness and fatigue testing) and corrosion properties, as well as cleanliness (e.g. high frequency ultrasonic).
- A wide range of powder production equipments, from 35 kg to 10 000kg gas atomization units
Erasteel shares this expertise with customers and offers:
- Recommendations on grade selection
- Technical support on steel processing: machining, grinding, heat treatment and surface treatment such as surface preparation, PVD coating, etc.
- Examination services to provide a metallurgical diagnosis of tools and components
- In-house training and seminars