Obtaining the products you need with ERASTEEL
Using the most advanced technology and in conformity with rigorous specifications, ERASTEEL produces High-Speed Steels and advanced alloys in a wide variety of grades and geometries. Chances are, there is an Erasteel product which will exactly match your requirements.
ERASTEEL production plants are located in Sweden (Söderfors, Långshyttan, Vikmanshyttan), in France (Commentry, Champagnole), in the United Kingdom and in the USA. The ERASTEEL sales network is active in 48 countries, with a network of 13 sales offices located around the globe.
Research & Development
- ERASTEEL’s product development laboratory in Sweden staffed withhighly experienced researchers
- CRT, the Eramet research centerin France, dedicated to process development
- A network of universities an research institutes throughout the world R&D and technology uses
- Finite Element Codes such as Abaqus, Deform and Computational Fluid Dynamics code Fluent
- Thermodynamical modelling for grade design and productionwith Thermocalc and MT-Data
- Advanced observation andcharacterisation means, includinga Castaing Microprobe, ScanningElectron Microscopy and Differential Thermal Analysis/Scanning Calorimetry
In order to support customers both in their process and product performance, ERASTEEL has developed knowledge in the field of:
- Heat-treatment with a vacuum heat treatment furnace
- Grinding with a grindability evaluation methodology
- Sawing with a “Saw Competence Center”
Such facilities are critical for the design of new grades or products having the correct properties to meet an increasingly wide range of market demands.
Innovation and ASP®
Uniform microstructure puts ASP® on the cutting edge of performance
ASP® steels are produced by blowing molten steel with high pressure nitrogen gas jets to form tiny spherical droplets.
This process ensures a homogenous distribution of alloying elements and results in a uniform distribution of small particle carbides.
With the DvalinTM process, ASP® is the cleanest steel on the market today
ASP® is cleaned by an Electro Slag Heating process which eliminates 90 % of large non-metallic particles (inclusions) from powder steel.
A recent improvement, developed by ERASTEEL engineers and known as the DvalinTM process, has reduced overall the number of inclusions by another 90 % and virtually eliminated larger ones.